This Sub Directorate covers the following fields of discipline:
- Public Passenger Transport Planning inclusive of taxi, rail and bus mode
- Bulk infrastructure planning for the region (water, electricity, sewage)
- Shova Khalula Project: In 2006, the WRDM was the first district municipality to actively participate in the roll out of Shova Kalula bicycle project. Since then an number of 3 715 bicycles has been distributed to 31 beneficiary schools across the West Rand Region.
- Link Road Construction: The construction of a Link road between Rietvallei IQ and Rietvallei Ext 2 increased mobility between previously disadvantage towns and totals 0,8 km in length and is 7,4 m wide
- Energy efficiency From an energy saving point of view, the WRDM, as from 2012 assisted the local municipalities with the roll out of energy efficient luminaries to replace existing light fittings in streetlights and high mast lights.